Saturday, December 23, 2006

Roving yaaaaaaay

I just got some lovely roving from eBay .. and it came in the mail yesterday! How excited was I? :D 10 oz of wool roving (not sure what kind specifically) that's colored a gorgeous deep red with a black stripe down one side.


The ball (with kitty inspecting)

I couldn't wait to start spinning of course.. lol My second attempt is coming out way better than the first and it's super skinny! I plan on trying to ply this when the singles are done so I'm tying to put the extra twist in it. I found a website with way better instructions than what I used last time, and it's so much easier for me to see what they're explaining now. Plus I think this roving is of better quality than what I previously had since the fibers slide better with less effort.

What I have so far...

Closer shot

No comments: