Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Ramblings and spinning practice

Bleah.

I tired and I really should get to work on some projects. Actually what I want to do is spin some more.. but I really need to get to work on a baby blanket I'm crocheting for my aunt. It's actually for her to give to a friend as a gift.. She doens't know how to knit or crochet and asked me to do it.. so I said yes. I wasn't going to say no.. that would have been rude. Anyways, it's just a giant granny square (or will be once I finish it!) in alternating stripes of pastel green and pale yellow. I think I'm using some kind of Bernat's Baby yarn.. and I knwo it's being crocheted with a G hook.. other than that, I'm kind of lacking in the specifics area. And no pics yet. It's not really big enough to validate picture taking yet. Or maybe I'm just too lazy and the lighting's really bad right now.

I also really REALLY need to get back to knitting my Sahara .. I still haven't touched it and I really want to finish it. I keep getting distraced by other things. But I'd like to be able to say that I finally finished a sweater. And perhaps I can finish it before it's too warm to wear sweaters anymore? What I should have done was start it in the summer so it would be completed by winter and I'd actually be able to wear it. lol This is assuming that it'll be wearable by the time I'm done. XD

So what have I actually accomplished since my last post? Not that much to be honest. lol I played with some of the lovely mohair I got off of ebay and spun appx 40 yds of laceweight yarn. And I also spun up a small bit of the Brown Sheep mill ends I also got from ebay . Only got about 13 yds of a single from that. I just wanted to see how they would spin up. I used my new Louet spindle for both of them. I really really need to look into getting a wheel....
mohair (colors are off.. bad lighting and all..)


mill ends (still more bad lighting.. *sigh*)

No comments: