Sunday, January 24, 2010

Multnomah

... is finally finished!

Multnomah by Kate Flagg
BMFA Silkie Socks That Rock (I *think* it's Valkyrie.. not really sure): 1 skein



I must admit, I really didn't like working on this pattern, especially towards the end. It was just so.. boring. Seemingly endless rows of garter stitch. And I only did a shawlette! I couldn't imagine making a larger size.

When it came off the needles, I wasn't impressed. I thought it was cute but didn't have too much promise.



And then I blocked it.



It's like magic, really. I have new appreciation for this shawl, and while I still don't think I'm going to keep it for myself, I do like it more at this point.

I've had an overly stressful week, so I haven't been working on much of anything.. I pretty much was just making my way home and stuffing my face with food, then crashing. I did restart my "club" socks but no pics yet. More about that in my next post. :)

Here's hoping this coming week is better!
<3


No comments: