Friday, June 20, 2008

So.. camping has come and gone.. and look! Survival with no bear encounters. Yaaaaaaay. It was a good time, although it was bloody hot and it rained when we got there. Also, being eaten alive by mosquitoes for 4 days wasn't fantastic either. But it was fun and I got to experience something new, and I got to show how much of a tomboy I am.. haha. Dunno if that's a good thing! I did NOT get any knitting done, for fear of it getting completely dirty. I know I could have just washed it, but I felt it would be safer in my bag. :p

I've actually been able to make it to the last couple of SnB's, which makes me infinitely happy. Been spinning on my spindles, and working on some superwash on my wheel.. and I've started Wisp from knitty.com as my first foray into lace knitting. It seems simple enough, but I'm about 9 rows in and I have to admit, the the mohair yarn is kiiiiiiiilling me. It's so fine and.. fuzzy. I am going to plow through it a bit more and see if it gets any better, if not, I will set it aside and try something else first, returning to it when I feel more confidant and less like throwing it out the window. One of the girls at SnB suggested I start with the Shoalwater Shawl, which can be done with a worsted weight. I think that might be a better option for me at this point. If I don't like it for myself, it wil make a lovely gift for my aunt I think.

AND!
I will be making my FIRST trip to WEBS on tuesday! EEEEEeeeEEEeeeeEEEE! I am sooo excited it's not even funny. I have heard so much about it and how overwhelming it can be.. can't waaaaiiiiiit. And we'll be going to see Aaron do his stand up thing at the Majestic Theater in West Springfield. Should be a good time!

No comments: