Monday, June 02, 2008

SnB and spinning

I actually made it to SnB on saturday! Can you believe it? I'm still in shock about it, especially since I haven't been able to go since roughly december. Work keeps me too late on thursdays and I don't have sat off so I usually can't make it. Or if I can, I would only get to spend an hour there and the drive there and back is longer than that, so it just isn't a great idea for me to waste all that gas. Especially with it being over $4 a gallon now. UGH. I did bug my manager to let me leave earlier on thurs so I can go, since we hired on an extra person and school is over, so the people that would normally leave early won't have to and give me a chance! And I digress.. lol

Anyways.. I had a lot of fun and it was so great to see everyone again and meet new people. I love knitters/crocheters/spinners. They are an awesome bunch of people. And it was the first time I had ever been to It's a Grind. It was such a cute little coffee house, even though I think the coffee was a bit overpriced. At least it was yummy. And I got to work on a simple seed stitch scarf that I've been working on for what seems like forever... I'm finally making some progress on it. I'm knitting it with Paton's Soy Wool Stripes, which I LOVE because of the pretty color changes that appear as you knit. I'm hoping to gift it to a friend, but I'm not sure anymore if she will like the colors... we'll see.

I also got to get some spinning in this weekend while at the bf's place. I love that he's not horrified by my spinning/knitting or whatever, but instead finds it endearing and actually looks interested and asks questions. It's a nice change.. lol Sometimes he even asks if he can help spin, which means he wants to give the spindle a twirl every once in a while, which I find adorable. I figure a few more times and I'll see if I can get him to actually take the spindle itself and try drafting. Muahahaha.. we'll make a spinner out of him.. ehehehee I am absolutely in love with my turkish spindle, and I actually want another one.. perhaps a smaller one. It spins so beautifully and I love the novelty of having a nice neat center pull ball when I'm done.

Which reminds me that I have a little ball that is calling to me to come ply it. I want to see how what I'm spinning will look as a two ply and I am way too impatient to spin up another ball and ply those together.. so i guess I'll end up with at least one teeny skein. Oh wellz. I better go get on that while I have Family Guy to entertain me.

No comments: