Sunday, August 12, 2007

Sheep Shed order

I recieved my order from the sheep shed on friday.. which was super fast considering I placed my order on tuesday!

I'm in love. I can't wait to order more already but unfortunately I think I have to wait two weeks until my next paycheck. :(

I'm going to keep busy by dyeing most of what I ordered though. Should be fun. I bought a ton of kool-aid to play with and I think I want to try dyeing with the wilton's icing dyes.

And two pounds is a lot more than I thought it would be.. but I'm still trying to figure out how Carol stuffed it in that tiny box! lol And she threw in a little bag with nylon fibers! I don't now if I can just spin it as is or if I need to blend it with something...

There were quite a few long strips of roving mixed in as well as a whole bunch of shorter thinner strips, and some really thick ones in the superwash/nylon bag. I still can't get over all the fiber I have to play with! lol

I'm definitely going to try dyeing some of the brown roving as well as the superwash/nylon.. I'm wondering how the brown will take the dyes...

No comments: