Sunday, March 14, 2010

Back on track!

Hello blog!
So sorry to have neglected you for the past few weeks...

I have actually been working on ONE project fairly steadily these past few weeks. Geared up for the Ravelympics with a kickoff party at Laura's, where I cast on the Aeolian shawl. I tried my best to finish it in the two week time span.. but came across too many mistakes and found myself at Lisa'a cast-off party still working on the edging charts. One month after casting on, Aeolian is off the needles, blocked and ready to go!



I am really happy with the way it came out, and I already want to cast on for a larger one. I'll wait a bit before I start that. No lace for a little while.. it gives me a headache!

Besides, I have some uber lovely Malabrigo twist waiting to be transformed into a sweater. I cast on today for the Mrs. Darcy Cardigan. It should be delightfully warm and squooshy. :D



I have not been up to much else lately... and will not be working on too much else in the near future either, seeing as work is going to be extra stressful for the next couple of weeks. Yay. -_-

BUT... I did buy some cute little seed starter kit things so I can pretend that I am good at growing foodstuffs. I am going to attempt it again this year, and maybe this time I'll have something edible at the end of the season.

I bought this little "salsa kit" with seeds for cilantro, jalapeno, cayenne pepper, roma tomato, and onion. I'll honestly be happy if ANYTHING makes it to be harvested.



And I bought this little pot kit to grow strawberries. It was only $10 and way too cute to pass up.


I know it's not much of a post, but there will be more next week, I promise!
<3

3 comments:

Allison said...

I LOVE the shawl. Can't wait to see it in person.

And twist makes me want to snuggle it all day.

Jacie said...

BEAUTIFUL shawl! It looks so awesome, Jenni!

And I totally want one of those strawberry pots this year, too. I almost got one last year, but things were so crazy, I held off. I actually looked at one at Target last week...it might have to come home with me...

Anonymous said...

Hello. And Bye.