Saturday, January 27, 2007

A finished yarn I'm proud of!

Yay!


I finally managed to get my thickness more even when spinning! How excited am I? Drafting is becoming easier for me too, the more I practice. All I have to do now is upgrade from this parka nd draft method to actually drafting while the spindle is going... lol I tried it before and I kept screwing it up, but I think I'm ready to try it again.


Anyways. I spun some roving I bought on mainewoodsyarn.etsy.com and managed to get appx 24 yds in a 2 ply yarn. :)The roving was a merino/corriedale blend I believe.. I love it. I wish I had been able to do more so I could actually make something with it.. although I supposed I could whip up a cuff at least. heehee I'm tickled pink! XD


the roving

on the spindle

the yarn!

I also won an auction on ebay for some mill ends so I can't wait for that to come in ther mail, and I also bought more roving from mainewoodsyarn. Her colors are just so pretty!

No comments: