Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Knit Shrug... and a WIP

So I figured since I have this thing, I should probably post something, huh? lol

Well I found a
cute little shrug pattern on craftster and I figured hey! Why not try it? I'm pretty new to this knitting thing.. and it looked pretty easy to do... so I attempted it using Lion's Brand Jiffy yarn... and this is what I got.
front

and back...


Yay for crummy mirror shots that don't want to be bright enough! XDD

I like the way it came out, but I think I'd want the sleeves to be a bit longer... it's pretty comfy though. I figured maybe I'd try it in a different color..and make longer sleeves. So I started another one using Caron's Simply Soft yarn in a pretty blueish purpley color. And instead of using the 10.5 size needles like the pattern suggests, I used my size 8 needles... and added more stitches when casting on...

This is what I have so far...



I've only been working on it bit by bit for a few days.. hopefully I'll finish it soon and see what it looks like! lol Of course it would probably help if I didn't keep getting distracted by other projects and things...

No comments: